Monday, August 4, 2008

A little bit of everything

This weekend somehow managed to be packed full and lazy at the same time. I'm not sure how that happens, but it makes the weekend feel nice and long, so I'll take it.
Some highlights...
aug 2-3
  • Big fluffy lisianthus from the farmer's market in my newish milk glass vase that I picked up at my favorite antique mall last month.
  • A good trip to the library (I made it through The Spellman Files in one day and I'm currently tearing through Comfort Me with Apples).
  • Some thrifted fabrics from Goodwill - I'm starting to think about Christmas gifts and these were purchased with a special project in mind.
  • Mango salsa! No real recipe. Mangoes + tomatoes + red onion + a chili pepper + cilantro + salt + pepper + a dash of vinegar.
  • Lots of good tea both mornings, drunk in bed while reading.
  • Super cute sailor pants from the Anthro sale. Naturally, they have to get some serious hemming, but they were a good find. Love the sale room at the 3rd street Anthro.

2 comments:

  1. what a wonderful collage of images! that salsa looks unreal...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i couldn't agree with you more about how the weekend turned out! and i've made that mango salsa many times, it's to die for. pretty pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Trying captchas this time - better or worse than having to log in to comment? Let me know! Sorry for all the hoops but the spam has been terrible lately!