Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Loving it

Can anyone else believe that it is already mid-August? I'm in denial. The weather has been ridiculous this summer (I have a superstitious fear of even writing this, because I might jinx it). I think we've had maybe 5 days where it has been overly hot. Compare this to last summer, where I spent half my time sprawled on the couch, whining about the heat, and the other half scanning the movie listings, looking for the longest movies just so I could sit in the air conditioned theater. I think the mild weather has fooled me into thinking it's still spring, because I am not nearly ready to let go of summer yet. For lots of reasons, but especially ones like this...

DSC_0284

A perfect summer salad. Fresh mozzarella, home grown (not by me) tomatoes, paper thin slices of red onion, shreds of basil, balsamic vinegar and olive oil - heaven on a plate.

DSC_0285

No cooking, just a bit of chopping. And we had a little something delicious waiting in the fridge.

DSC_0262

Just right for an early evening dinner on the balcony.

DSC_0296

Sometimes life is so good it hurts.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, yum. Comments on blogs are kind of like subject lines in emails, I can never think of the best way to phrase what I'm really thinking. But this looks delish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I'm inspired to repeat my bruschetta recipe with feta again tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks scrumptious -- a perfect light dinner for summer. I like how you set the balcony table too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the medley of colors in this dish are fabulous. i'm sure it tasted just as good!

    ReplyDelete

Trying captchas this time - better or worse than having to log in to comment? Let me know! Sorry for all the hoops but the spam has been terrible lately!