Friday, August 1, 2008

Happy Hour at Border Grill

What with all the vacationing, and thinking I was going to die from a mysterious vacation induced illness, it's been a while since I had a chance to catch up with Em (whose lovely blog is what inspired me to start my own) and we've both really missed our usual weekly girls' night. So we decided to meet immediately after work and hit up one of our absolute favorite happy hour spots - the Border Grill in Santa Monica.

border grill HH

We both booked it to the restaurant because you have to get your happy hour order in before 7 pm. I knew I would break down into a hysterical mess if I missed my green corn tamales, so I battered my way out of my office a little bit early, ignoring my coworker's attempts to delay me. It was so worth it.

Excellent food and drinks + several hours of talking and laughing with your best friend = a really good Thursday night.

5 comments:

  1. aw...i knew i shouldn't have read yours before i attempted my own rendition of our lovely night. you hit the nail on the head and i can't believe how advanced you already are with your collages! so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing like a happy hour enjoyed with a friend you haven't seen in a while! Looks like you two had a great time and I TOTALLY relate to your green corn tamales comment. Missing something that yummy is hysteria worthy for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. how i miss living in a city that knows its mexican food! looks wonderful - and i agree with em, great collage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum. i love those tamales...i might have to make the trek to santa monica to get some. soon.

    happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hot tamales, holy happy hour, cool collages,
    geez, could it get any better?
    pve

    ReplyDelete

Trying captchas this time - better or worse than having to log in to comment? Let me know! Sorry for all the hoops but the spam has been terrible lately!