Thursday, July 31, 2008

Project Runway !

Is it just me, or is anyone else really relieved that Project Runway is finally in the 9 pm time slot? I guess I'm getting old, but the staying up until 11 pm just to finish the show was starting to get to me last season and I would end up watching it the next day.

I'm still a little uncommitted to the current cast of characters, but sometimes it takes me a while to get a feeling for how the season is going to pan out. I have to admit I was in love with a couple of the outfits last night. When I saw Kenley pull her fabrics out I almost gagged, but her dress came out awesome. So perfectly tailored. And it totally could have looked like a sofa, so I have to be extra impressed.


image source

I am a little more pumped for the season after last night. There are some people that I am just dying to see booted off, and I'm still a little perplexed by some of the uber boring casting choices, but at least we're seeing some solid work (and an awful lot of Heidi's legs - I spent quite a bit of time last night wondering how she was going to manage to sit down for the judging wearing that skirt).

P.S. Listening to Tim Gunn getting coached in how to say "Holla atcha boy" was so embarrassing that I curled up in a ball on the couch and averted my eyes. Tim Gunn does not need to indulge in those sorts of gimicky things.

2 comments:

  1. emily thinks that suede needs to be kicked off STAT. but she's also kind of torn since she's been into everything he's created thus far. i still hold a special place for chris in my heart, but i'm really liking the girl with the glasses (i'm sure you do too) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes. Suede is not okay. Maybe Emily and Rachel will warm up to him and he will suddenly become funny? No, probably not.

    ReplyDelete

Trying captchas this time - better or worse than having to log in to comment? Let me know! Sorry for all the hoops but the spam has been terrible lately!