Thursday, August 14, 2008

I love other people's gardens

I am incredibly lucky to have an amazing patio in front of my apartment. It would be perfect for a balcony garden with lots of herbs, and tomatoes and peppers. I've been there for 3 years and so far no garden has materialized. Turns out it takes work, along with time and money, and a lot of thought.

I haven't gotten there yet, but at least I know people who have. I've been feasting on tomatoes brought home from work by D.

DSC_0095

And my mom outdid herself this year. Along with monster zucchini, tons of herbs, butternut squash (which I thought you could only grow in winter) and bell peppers, she gave me these...

DSC_0821

Cutest little red onions ever. I don't know why, but I think they are so adorable.

Someday I'll get my act together and then I can pay this garden love forward.

1 comment:

  1. Anyone can grow tomatoes, they just need sun and water. I love the way the leaves smell. Maybe next year ;) Those onions are divine.

    ReplyDelete

Trying captchas this time - better or worse than having to log in to comment? Let me know! Sorry for all the hoops but the spam has been terrible lately!