Friday, September 5, 2008

He's here!

Not to overwhelm you with posts on a Friday afternoon, but I couldn't resist sneaking this one in.
My new (to me) dining set was waiting for me when I got home from work yesterday and I'm in love. I had to dress him immediately. And it turns out that the Ikea fabric I bought a couple weeks ago is exactly the perfect size (even has selvage down the long ends on both sides, so all I have to do is a quick hem on the short ends) and the table is the perfect show case for the fabric's large print. Score.

DSC_0009
Sorry for the wrinkles - I was too busy loving the table to bust out the iron

I never realized how uncomfortable my old dining room set was until this guy arrived. Our dining room was basically a dead space, because we never sat there. But now... I'm not going to eat dinner at the coffee table anymore! I didn't even want to go to work because I was so comfortable sipping my tea here this morning.

DSC_0012
Also works well with some placemats I dug out of the drawer and my Ikea vases

If I had known I would love a table so much, I would have sucked up the cost much sooner and gotten one.

5 comments:

  1. wow, I LOVE that fabric! It almost makes me want to brave the insanity and go to ikea:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, i like your dining set!!!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. so so so awesome Rachel. oh yeah, i finally whipped out my sewing machine, read the instructions, and was able to sew a sash for a bridal bouquet. i was too proud for words. can't wait to see your new wall!!!!
    xoxo kristin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! It all looks really great and indeed perfect for sipping tea in the morning -- and the tablecloth is so perfectly serendipitous! I love the movin' and shakin' you guys have going on over at your place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that IKEA fabric - I used it as a quilt back.

    ReplyDelete

Trying captchas this time - better or worse than having to log in to comment? Let me know! Sorry for all the hoops but the spam has been terrible lately!