Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Big Fat Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies


Best chocolate chip cookies ever...seriously. I used to have the worst time making this classic because I prefer a doughy cookie over a flat sugary cookie. These are perfect, and they work every time. Recipe via Milk Eggs Chocolate, via Smitten Kitchen, via AllRecipes.com. I guess these have made the rounds, which is understandable, because they are perfect. I add a bit of orange zest, because I love the contrast with the semi sweet chocolate. I also don't melt the butter, I just cream it while it is room temp and then add the sugars. And I let the dough chill in the fridge for an hour or so before I start any baking - it seems to help them firm up a bit. I have to admit that I may have overdosed on these. Three batches in two weeks will do that to you. Don't say I didn't warn you.

3 comments:

  1. these look beyond delicious and i'm scared to try out the recipe. i'm already addicted to your blog so i'm not sure how i'm going to deal with your extended trip. i'm so proud of you, it already looks incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Em! You're so sweet. I swear, once you scarf down a few batches, you won't want them again for at least another week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is the texture like? I like of like chocolate chip cookies that have the consistency of snickerdoodles (did that make sense? who knows). Yours look divine!

    -Nico

    www.SatinAndSalt.com

    ReplyDelete

Trying captchas this time - better or worse than having to log in to comment? Let me know! Sorry for all the hoops but the spam has been terrible lately!