Monday, November 8, 2010

The weekend, briefly

First of all, thank you all so much for the sweet words last week. I was literally shaking as I clicked publish on that post, terrifying of sending quite so much of myself into the world. But somehow getting the words shaped in my head and seeing them out there and hearing back from you made the week much easier. Thank you for your comments and emails and thoughts, truly. Dealing with a brain injury can be lonely for everyone involved, and I so appreciate you giving me a chance to share my experience, and for those of you who chose to share yours in return.

Lots going on this weekend, which seems to be the default lately. We had a couple birthdays to celebrate, terriers to cuddle, things to be made.

tags, square
{tags, square}

carrot cake, crumb coat
{carrot cake, crumb coat prep}

circe, nose
{circe, nose}

pizza, shared
{pizza, shared}

sunday night light
{sunday night light}
 
Not pictured: a massive fall cleaning. I'm sure you'll be thrilled to hear that all the baseboards in my house are now dust free and that I scrubbed all the wooden furniture and we spent almost 3 hours at the laundromat. I know - fascinating. I even took all the cloth cushion covers off our furniture and washed them. Turns out they aren't machine washable and getting the cushions back inside required a feat of superhuman strength and they are now clean but oddly warped. Guess what? I'm still happier with them this way. And I always meant to get new covers for those cushions anyways.

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad your weekend was so productive and cleansing! I'm a long-time reader, but I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy your blog, your posts never fail to brighten my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't that sunset incredible?! It's a shame we don't get to see that more often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well now you have an excuse to get those new cushion covers! i love the picture of the pizza, what a fun moment to capture! have a great week rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I *knew* you were the new Martha Stewart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. p.s. Way to make me feel like a slob.

    ReplyDelete
  6. easily my favorite picture of Circe ever. and that carrot cake would have made the perfect partner to my coffee this morning. so glad to have you back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That glob of frosting on that carrot cake is making me pretty jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your pictures are lovely!!!!

    and i am thinking your place is a lot cleaner than mine! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. dog, pizza and carrot cake? does the weekend get any better?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another lovely post. Glad you got so much done this weekend, your productivity puts me to shame!

    ReplyDelete

Trying captchas this time - better or worse than having to log in to comment? Let me know! Sorry for all the hoops but the spam has been terrible lately!