Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Guest posting, this week

Guys, I'm guest posting over at 100 Layer Cake this week. I was a wee bit intimidated because, well, everything they post is lovely and I'm not a wedding expert. Repeat, not a wedding expert. Not even married yet.

But it was so much fun (and I have a new appreciation for all the work those girls do on a daily basis). I'll be posting about DIY related stuff, naturally.

My first post is up now. You can download my DIY reality check flowchart, which I have to admit I'm massively in love with, even if I am the one who created it.

And if anyone has wandered over here from 100 LC, welcome! Come browse through the DIY index or the food index, depending on what you feel like. Or just check out some pretty flowers.

12 comments:

  1. I found your post over there via an esb tweet. And promptly printed off the reality check flowchart. Genius, lady. Absolute genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats rachel, loved your post at 100lc!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog from your post on 100 Layer Cake. Love it! I'm hooked after your comment about having a little problem with muffins. Thanks for showing me yet another fellow project-a-holic slash beauty-appreciator blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your post and featured it on my blog! I'm nearing the end of a whirl wind wedding planning adventure and I would have loved this flowchart to help me weed out some of the diy do's and don'ts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flowchart is amazing! I posted about it on my blog too. And you couldn't have shared it at a better time. I am feeling the weight of my desires to do so many things and the lack of time to complete them. thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your post today, the flowchart is so cute! I wrote a post about it for our blog here at WeddingChannel.com blogs, My DIY Wedding Day. Check it out!
    http://www.mydiyweddingday.com/2010/03/diy-reality-check.html
    Thanks!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. yah! for guest posting. I will check out your post!! wahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wowzers! congrats! and that flow chart looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your reality check flowchart is hilarious, but so true! Hopefully many brides will benefit from your sage advice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm in love with your flowchart, too. I recently made hand-embroidered invitations for a friend's baby shower, and I just ran though the chart to see where the project landed (retrospectively) on your chart. I'm afraid it would have flunked the final time question! Ah, well, too late now.

    ReplyDelete

Trying captchas this time - better or worse than having to log in to comment? Let me know! Sorry for all the hoops but the spam has been terrible lately!