Monday, April 5, 2010

The weekend, briefly

It was one of those weekends where I hardly remember sitting down. All movement, all the time. Our very scaled down (out of necessity, really) Easter turned out perfectly.

eggs, water
{eggs, water}

beaters, dripping
{beaters, dripping}

tortillas + eggs
{tortillas + eggs}*

centerpiece
{easter centerpiece}

shells, candy
{shells, candy}

*Tortillas + eggs is one of D's mom's specialties. It's basically exactly what it sounds like - roughly chopped corn tortillas sauteed lightly with eggs folded in and gently scrambled. (NOT the same thing as chilaquiles, so don't suggest it - a resounding chorus of NOs rise up from Dustin's family if you do.) You can make them extra delicious by adding sauteed onions and mushrooms and tossing in some fresh tomatoes and avocados at the end. We brought our favorite salsa to pair with it.

22 comments:

  1. Why are egg shells always so lovely?

    ReplyDelete
  2. nope, not chilaquiles, it's migas and it's terribly delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those eggs look so magnificent ! Love pictures on your blog, there are so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, this looks delicious! and that salsa~ oh yeah!
    your weekend looks good

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I for sure need to make that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great easter photos. i've also heard that dish called migas. i've never had it but it looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha I was thinking to myself, "sounds like chiliaquilies", a favorite from my childhood, when I read on. I wonder what makes them so different?

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds like such a nice weekend and i love that centerpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! I hope you had a great time with family and friends!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful centerpiece - sounds like you've had a lovely easter. Somehow the photo of the tortillas and eggs isn't displayed on my screen.
    Best, Ida

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a beautiful easter centerpiece -- very elegant

    ReplyDelete
  12. the resounding "no!" at the chilaquiles comparison is duly noted.

    as is the marvelous arabian brass table, which i'm sure has a story.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your pictures are always so gorgeous! Love your blog!

    dayinthelifeofaskygurl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. The only thing I took from this post was the link to your favorite salsa. I mean, this post was lovely too (oh the photos) but I got entirely distracted by the idea of making roasted tomatillo salsa.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your easter centerpiece is just beautiful. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yum! I need to try tortillas + eggs very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What glorious photographs! Your easter decorations are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  18. your Easter looks lovely! Amazing photos! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm with Lauren — migas rock.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like you had a fantastic weekend! Gorgeous images as always!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You guys are smart. Just looked up migas and that looks correct. I'll try calling it that next time and see if I still get shot down.

    And I can't take any credit for the pretty Easter centerpiece. Dustin's grandma set it up - she has a collection of fancy eggs and she added some wired stands of beads. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete

Trying captchas this time - better or worse than having to log in to comment? Let me know! Sorry for all the hoops but the spam has been terrible lately!