Friday, October 10, 2008

Finally Friday

I'm glad to see some other coconut lovers out there! I'll post the coconut rice pudding recipe next week.

This weekend I am going to:

*Go to the gem show. It's chock full of jewelry making supplies - I am making a list before I go and only bringing cash. I've learned my lesson the hard way, because last year I fell madly in love with a pricey stand of teeny tiny sapphires and even at a discount, that doesn't come cheap. Em, you are fully responsible for controlling my behavior.

*See Bajofondo at the Roxy! If you haven't already heard them, you must check them out.

*Take a tour of the new Marmol Radzinger house.

*Cook! The temperature is supposed to drop below 70 at some point, so I think I can make a fall-ish sort of meal and get away with it.

Anyone else have good plans for the weekend?

9 comments:

  1. while i support your desire not to spend a lot at the gem show, you know how i get at those things too. i think bringing cash is a great idea so i'll follow your lead :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that the house in Desert Hot Springs? If it is, it's awesome...took a tour last year. If it isn't, I want to check out the new one!

    I am looking forward to some fall weather too (finally!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, you girls are going to have one heck of a time :)

    I'm so excited about your cooking this weekend, that should be very rewarding!

    I'm heading north to visit my little sister--she's great with child and I'm so excited to see it in real life :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the gem show sounds amazing! i'm sure it's a beautiful place to shop :) this weekend, i just bought a kite and am so excited to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a golden weekend! Mmmm... I can't wait for the recipe next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm making pickled beets and plum vanilla jam for "the wedding." EXCITING friday night.

    I love your yummy foodie posts and the whole blog.

    We are LA neighbors... AND my friend Deja is an interior design for M-R! neat small world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cooking up a storm sounds like a perfect idea! The instant the weather gets even a little cool I reach for my apron...plus this weekend is Canadian Thanksgiving so I have to indulge my ex-pat Canuck husband with something "harvest inspired" (he says!) Know any good squash recipes? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love to go with...to the gem show and that house tour. Taking walks, getting outside, mailing some work, going to NY City, dinner with friends and no soccer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds like a great way to spend the weekend! can't wait to check back in on monday and see what you found at the gem show :)

    ReplyDelete

Trying captchas this time - better or worse than having to log in to comment? Let me know! Sorry for all the hoops but the spam has been terrible lately!