Monday, June 29, 2009

The weekend, briefly (out of town friend edition)

D and I got to play hosts last week! Our dear friend Beth was in town, so we had hours of talking, drinking, eating and active TV watching (you know, the kind where you all chime in to mock the dialogue) to participate in. We've known Beth for 11 years, almost to the day, and despite never living in the same state, we manage to get together at least once a year.

We celebrated our reunion with some bubbly. I love having champagne on hand for impromtu celebrations.

champagne toast
{bubbly & peonies}

We spent a lot of time cooking and then sitting on the patio.

kebabs
{kebabs}

summer drinks
{fresh parsley dips + pita}

summer drinks
{a moscow mule and some lovely early evening light}

The weather cooperated by being gorgeous.

Not pictured - a delicious dinner at Osteria Mozza, going to see The Hangover (amazing), vigorous debate as to which Golden Girl each of us would be (Beth = Dorothy, Dustin = Sophia, I am Rose), buying some art at our favorite annual show.

24 comments:

  1. Yum! And agreed. Hangover - SO funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love fun times with good friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos, and those drinks look yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so glad you made it over to mozza! i still think it's the best restaurant in town.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, aah...what is a Moscow Mule??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the first photo so much! I have a friend coming this weekend and I might borrow your champagne idea for her visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice weekend! The kebabs and parsley dip look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, it all looks and sounds wonderful! I love your idea to keep champagne on hand, it always makes things more festive.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! Looks like you have another delicious weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks insanely good! I want to come over! I'll bring champagne! And I can beatbox! xoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't have any desire to see The Hangover until everyone starting talking about how hilarious it is! Maybe I will have to check it out...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like so much fun! Reunions are always special.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like such a fantastic weekend. You do love peonies, don't you? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love this post! champagne and peones are my two favorite things! your blog is inspirational!
    xo
    kate

    ReplyDelete
  15. sounds like a fantastic visit

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh sounds and looks divine! That dip looks so refreshing! And it doesn't really get better than sipping bubbles and enjoying the lovely aroma of peonies!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love those huge glasses, I want some of those too. Well, one would be enough. Right now. Filled with something cold and fresh. Hmmm.

    You took some wonderful photo's!

    ReplyDelete
  18. that sounds like you had such a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. so fun .. and everything looks so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Everything about these images makes my tummy grumble!

    ReplyDelete

Trying captchas this time - better or worse than having to log in to comment? Let me know! Sorry for all the hoops but the spam has been terrible lately!