Friday, June 19, 2009

Friday flowers, tropical edition

Hello, my dears! Greetings from Hawaii. I don't even know what to say. Our hotel is fabulous, my muscles are sore from all the swimming I've been doing, and I think they might have to pry me out of here with bodily force when check out time comes around.

I'll give you a better update on Monday, in the meantime....

leis
{your standard orchid lei + a fabulously scented one made of stephanotis and plumeria}

plumeria
{the most perfect plumeria}

Friday flowers, tropical edition.

P.S. You're almost out of time to vote for my sister's wedding over at Project Wedding. Go here and cast your vote (I'm the very first entry). I would be most appreciative. You can read all my tips for planning your own wedding on a budget - designing the invitations, baking the cake, assembling a dessert buffet, where to get the best deal on alcohol (you know, the important stuff).

17 comments:

  1. gorgeous! so glad your time has been so great. {p.s. i voted for your sister's wedding--it reminds me so much of my own sister's wedding last spring!}

    ReplyDelete
  2. aren't plumeria the best? i convinced myself during my trip to maui that i needed plumeria everything upon my return...it just doesn't have that same feeling once you're back on the mainland.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Hawaii! Have a fresh papaya for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you are having a truly excellent time, my dear! I would love to be swimming with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous flowers...I think I can almost smell them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I hope you are enjoying your time in Hawaii :). Can't wait to hear all about it next week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely lovelovelove orchids. Hope you're having a fab time in Hawaii. I'm jealous!

    liliesandgrapes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. hawaii is a world all it's own...immerse yourself in the culture...the love...and you MUST go snorkeling...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Rachel--I just read your project wedding post and I was so inspired by it. As a bride with a "budget" wedding, I'm having a hard time keeping things together. I loved everything about your sister's wedding--congrats for pulling off such an intimate, lovely affair! And I hope you have a perfect time in Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are stunning! I've been inspired by your Friday Flowers and your statement that you buy yourself flowers every week, and I've decided to do the same (no more complaining to boyfriend that he never buys me flowers :))!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwww I wish I was in Hawaii right now. I need to plan a trip there again. Loverly pictures!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Greetings from a cloudy London - Gorgeous plumeria. I admire that you appreciate the little things on your big getaway.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hawaii? I'm so jealous! Hope you're having a fabulous time in your new swimwear!

    PS - Those flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Trying captchas this time - better or worse than having to log in to comment? Let me know! Sorry for all the hoops but the spam has been terrible lately!