Friday, May 14, 2010

Friday flowers (excuse edition)

The most enormous bouquet of fully blown roses, picked from my parents' garden.

garden roses
{garden roses}

It is May, people. And that is probably neither here nor there for most of you (except that it includes lots of roses), but for me it means insanity. The birthdays start on the second of the month and they don't stop until June rolls in. Throw in Mother's Day and a shower or two (baby or bridal, take your pick) and remember that all the summer wedding orders need to get made and mailed out and I'm sure you can see where this is going.

Normally I try to be pretty careful of getting overbooked - I'll even schedule blocks of time specifically for napping or reading whenever possible. But somehow I didn't realize quite how this month was shaping up and now I can't bear to drop anything. So I'm dropping you.

Just kidding. But I will be taking three day weekends for the rest of the month, in an attempt to bring a little sanity to my life. So you won't be seeing me here on Mondays (and if you do see me, go ahead and slap me, because I'm sure I'm supposed to be doing something else). Regular posting schedule will resume when things slow down a bit.

21 comments:

  1. Hi - beautiful roses. I am your newest follower - I wandered over from The Littlest Things...
    Nice to 'meet' you. Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, beautiful roses! I'm glad you're taking some time. I always try to cram too much in and end up making myself ill. Pace and enjoy yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy you 'other time!' Everyone needs it! We will all still be here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this bouquet is amazing! do enjoy the hustle and bustle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. enjoy your long weekends and know that we'll be here anxiously awaiting your return to regular posting. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you're taking long weekends! Have fun regaining sanity

    ReplyDelete
  7. good for you -- don't you dare show up here on mondays. you're good to force yourself to schedule naps & rest time... i need to learn a thing or two from you about time management!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The flowers are beautiful! Have a nice weekend. Best, Ida

    ReplyDelete
  9. take care!!!! miss you already! LOL (no, really I'm glad you're doing what you need to get done.)

    love the roses

    ReplyDelete
  10. My dear, I fully understand. Between April and June, there are something like eight birthdays. This is manageable.

    Last year, I had two wedding showers, a baby shower, convocation, and wedding planning. When July came, I didn't want cake. Which is saying a lot.

    Best of luck with the insanity!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Drooling over those roses. Best of luck with the rest of crazy May :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. My May and June is the same. I have birthdays every five days for a month. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh, the roses. handpicked, the very best kind. wishing you a productive may!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love roses when they are fully opened like that-so much prettier to me. Try not to get too overwhelmed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have a beautiful assortment of roses. Take a long break! And don't be showing up here if you can be taking rest!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, for the love of gawd, focus on real life. We will huff and puff with impatience, but we can wait. And the roses from your rents are spectacular. Spectacular!

    Have a good weekend, sweet and talented Rachel.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful flowers. Good luck with your to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  18. beautiful roses and wishing you the very best of luck on your schedules.
    be kind to yourself & enjoy life!

    ReplyDelete
  19. we'll miss you lady, but understand ;-

    pretty roses!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Enjoy the long weekends! Those roses from your parents garden are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Trying captchas this time - better or worse than having to log in to comment? Let me know! Sorry for all the hoops but the spam has been terrible lately!