Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Me, in blogland

Today I'm featured over at Lynne's amazing blog Tea for Joy, as part of a new project she is doing. Lynne always has the best style finds and inspiration, and now she is doing a series of posts on 2009 style resolutions. The questions are insightful and really get you thinking, so you should head over and see what it's all about.

As a bit of belated holiday cheer, Nesting blog has posted their top five finalists in their gingerbread house contest...and I'm one of them! That's right - you can go check out my gingerbread creation right here. D and I collaborated on it and it is very (very) loosely based on the floor plan of Case Study 22, one of my favorite Los Angeles houses.

And in real life, D surprised me with tickets to see Gillian Welch and David Rawlings tonight! Her voice makes me shiver and his guitar playing is insanely good. If you aren't already in love with them, I highly recommend this CD to start.

16 comments:

  1. what fabulous features these are, rach! though you completely deserved to win first prize, it was so fun to see the other top contestants. congratulations and i can't wait to hear a review about tonight's concert! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, look at that gingerbread house! Everything I said was so true - it's amazing! I think you should definitely win as your house is totally original - I've never seen one like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOH congratulations! i love your modernist gingerbread. so much more interesting right? no audience voting? this is tragic.

    have fun at the concert tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - what an amazing gingerbread house!! I've never seen one like that - so completely original...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky girl--I love Gillian Welch. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved reading your interview Rachel! And when I saw my blog on your list, I started blushing! Thank you for making my day Rach!

    BTW, I totally think that your gingerbread house wins - hands down! That is the first and only modern gingerbread house I have seen, and it totally rocks the entire competition.

    Enjoy your fun concert!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome post about you! I enjoyed reading it. Your gingerbread house is phenomenal as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rachel how fun! Thanks for sharing. I have my fingers cross for you!
    Enjoy the concert! Can't wait to hear the details. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's so much excitement here! I'm thrilled for you on all of these accounts! Whoohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. is yours the ultra modern house? it is just amazing! and totally uncanny too---i was working on a similar one, complete with candy stained glass windows! but i got bored and never put it together. i had even made a little gingerbread saarinen table. yours makes me wish i'd seen mine through---it's simply stunning! i for sure think you should win.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I adore Gillian Welch! Enjoy!!

    Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved you gingerbread house. I want to move right in! And your feature was wonderful. I hope you had fun at the concert.

    ReplyDelete
  13. love her too. saw them last year and they were really great live.

    ReplyDelete

Trying captchas this time - better or worse than having to log in to comment? Let me know! Sorry for all the hoops but the spam has been terrible lately!