Here goes ...
2. I'm normally pretty wary of trends, but I gave into temptation and got these totally ridiculously bright blue jeans from F21. Thoroughly enjoying them, although they aren't as great a fit as my usual ones, which I am happy to report are still the best jeans I've ever purchased, more than a year of hard wear later.
Annnnnd ... the more indulgent ones. I went completely nuts at the Shopbop sale a few weeks ago. It was only 20% off, so this really wasn't justified but after wearing everything for a while I have no regrets. I guess I'm going for really cheap pants paired with really pricey tops?
3. This one is so amazing that I am going to watch and see if it goes on sale and buy another. It's very loose but cut really well and it feels like the best kind of casual luxury. Fully worth the price. Really tempted to buy one just to wear to bed.
4. And this one is a little more conservative, but also beautifully cut and transitions nicely for work meetings if necessary.
5. This one is definitely more casual and I contemplated returning it because it's a little long for me, but then realized that I love it tucked in (seriously cannot remember the last time I voluntarily tucked a shirt into pants).
6. This dress is crazy bright but I love the cut and it will be the dress I wear for all weddings this summer.
7. Plus these sandals. I allow myself one or two new pairs of sandals each summer and then I wear them into the ground.
I'm a fairly new reader and just want to say, it's so refreshing to see a blogger talk about shopping in what is (for me) completely realistic terms . . . keeping purchases to a minimum, eschewing trends in favor of more classic pieces, setting limits for yourself, and, yeah, maybe feeling a little guilt sometimes. Because hey, I think a little guilt is good every now and then. Keeps us in line. Especially with money!ReplyDelete
I agre with the above! I love that you are so down to earth with your needs vs. wants. I'm loving those sandals too. Might have to get them in nude!ReplyDelete
Oh my gosh ditto what Kristina said, seriously.ReplyDelete
The Hunters are seriously some of the best money ever spent. Well, I live in the Northeast, so I wear them for snow (with the liner socks that Hunter sells) and it rains more here, but still. Never regret the Hunters, especially if you got them on sale!ReplyDelete
I love that you're keeping track and sharing. Don't feel guilty because just the fact that you are keeping track shows you have self control. Good for you! TeriReplyDelete
I'm in love with blouses lately. Love all three of these.ReplyDelete
a good silk top is always worth it - love these pieces.ReplyDelete
Just like what Kristina said, I totally love how realistic you are!!!ReplyDelete
I think I have the same problem every SEASON!
In terms of the white tunic, which I love, you might want to look at a seller called lamixx on etsy. I have a very similar one that I live in, and I bought it from that seller. The material/quality might be slightly inferior to the shopbop one, but at a fraction of the price, I can't complain.ReplyDelete
I got my navy Hunters in a tackle store by the side of the road in Scotland lost in the rain. So yes, I got a bit of a deal. But. While the buckles will break ASAP (it is part of the charm) the welter by the door by my great aunts sheep farm tells me they will last forever. So far, so good.ReplyDelete
I don't appreciate you making me aware of those sandals. And you shouldn't need to buy wellies ever again now. Mine are bright yellow.ReplyDelete
(that was meant to say, mine are bright yellow and I hope they will last me until I'm 75.)ReplyDelete
Love my hunters! Have them in dark green. It has been raining nonstop in NYC for the last few weeks-so glad I have them. The sandals are gorgeous, and if you feel like another pair, Target has a very similar style!ReplyDelete
I have those exact same Hunter boots. They're great! Navy is a very versatile choice, but more interesting than black. I like your shopping choices!ReplyDelete
I love all of your purchases! I, too, have those sandals but in the hot pink color and I love them!ReplyDelete