Friday, November 20, 2009

Friday flowers

I have some lovely yellow flowers this week, but I never got enough light to get a decent shot of them. Winter kills me.

Here are some pretty orange blossoms instead, to appease you.

orange tree canopy

And I've been working on a special little series for next week, leading up to Thanksgiving. It'll have my tips for having a non-insane holiday season, which is my favorite kind. I've been enjoying the process of putting it together.

On the agenda this weekend - lots of grocery shopping, bread baking and wine drinking.

8 comments:

  1. my lime tree is blooming (indoors) and it makes the house smell delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmmmmmmm, the scent of orange blossoms. and I'm all for a non-insane holiday. bring it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't wait to get your tips on a non-insane thanksgiving...that sounds incredibly useful and wonderfully calming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds perfect! I will be baking bread and drinking wine too. And savouring non-insane moments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. looking forward to the holiday tips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, the orange blossoms! i'll admit it: i miss the OC sometimes (i know you're farther north, but those flowers always make me think of growing up behind the orange curtain!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not having the right light (or enough light at all, for that matter) is absolutely exasperating. Winter light can be pretty, but it's so hard to capture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tips for a non-insane holiday season are certainly welcome!

    ReplyDelete

Trying captchas this time - better or worse than having to log in to comment? Let me know! Sorry for all the hoops but the spam has been terrible lately!