Friday, March 16, 2012

Purchases - clothing

A few good deals from the Barney's warehouse sale.

: : An A.L.C tee shirt that was still $59 but is ridiculously perfect - I've been wearing this non-stop and I'm so glad I decided to splurge on it - I should have steamed it before photographing it to do it justice. : : A simple dress that doesn't have sleeves for $29 (meaning, I can wear it with a cardigan). : : A Vince sweater that I've been stalking, marked down to $36 (it has a tiny hole on the shoulder and I need to repair it or patch it).: : A black shirt that is nicer than a tee shirt but not too fancy to wear to work for $23 (not pictured, because the black was ridiculously hard to photograph and I gave up). : :

barney's finds

And a little close up of the notch in the A.L.C. neckline that somehow makes the tee way better. The sleeve is not normally tucked up like that - I didn't notice it until I was editing photos and I didn't want to re-shoot.

A.L.C neck detailing
{A.L.C. neck detailing}

All of it together was less than the sweater alone at full price. I had to resist a few things that clearly didn't fit my needs, and I was bummed that the shoe selection was so poor, but overall I'm happy with how I made out.

If I had unlimited funds, Vince would feature heavily in my wardrobe and I would wear nothing but silk + wool + premium denim + super soft cotton. A girl can dream.

20 comments:

  1. vince is one of my favorite brands - i treat myself to one of their pieces a year (and have found great ones one sale at barney's) and they're jsut amazing.

    my barney's warehouse steal this year were nicholas kirkwood "clog heels" that retailed for $980 and are "slightly" different shades of brown so they marked it damaged and sold them at the warehouse sale for...$89. I kid you not. Most amazing buy ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds! I love the thin cotton shirts, they look so comfy and perfect for layering.

    The striped dress is such a lovely color!

    Mal @ The Chic Geek

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great purchases! I love the neckline detail! You can never have enough comfy everyday shirts!
    http://lindseyyoung.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I had unlimited funds, I'd get the same materials (natural fibers forever!). The color of the sweater is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the tees, but they look see through. Do you always layer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The A.L.C. tee is definitely sheer but not completely see through. As in, when I wear it you can certainly see the shadowy outline of my bra but that doesn't bother me. I just make sure I'm wearing a black or dark blue one!

      The Vince sweater need to be layered, always. I wear a cotton tank under it but I think what it really needs is a nude silk tank, which I don't have. On the lookout.

      My personal rule of thumb regarding see through shirts is - bra is fine, navel is never okay. I don't think anyone needs to see my bellybutton.

      Oh, and I don't wear the A.L.C. shirt to work. Bra viewage is not okay in a standard office environment, in my opinion.

      Delete
  6. hi! where is the dress from? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dress was from the Barney's sale, but I believe it is by Joie.

      Delete
  7. Great shirts, and for $59 that better be soft as hell.

    http://www.designers-artists.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. i just bought a couple of james perse t-shirts FULL PRICE. so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that I know how good the A.L.C. shirt is, I would have been willing to pay full price. A really good shirt is worth it.

      Delete
  9. good for you Rachel. great t's are always a smart purchase. Teri

    ReplyDelete
  10. you know how i feel about the barneys warehouse sale, so insert those rapturous comments here. on vince, o, i hear you - i bought a vince stadium coat at last year's sale and wore it all over iceland. then i wore it all over new york, then joe (!) wore it all over new york, and now we're fighting over it all over again. vince's metallic sweaters make me want to steal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was not nearly enough Vince at this year's sale, but I was thrilled to snag the sweater. I bought one of their metallic striped sweaters pre-Christmas (full price) and it was totally worth it.

      I think of you when I'm at Barneys.

      Delete
  11. I bought a used Vince sweater at Wasteland that I have been living in for the past two weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And this reminds me that I need to be less lazy about shopping at Wasteland ....

      Delete
  12. if i had unlimited funds, we'd be dressed like twins.

    ReplyDelete
  13. All things you'll wear to death! I love snagging a deal on something that's barely damaged. Yay for craftiness.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Vince is a good brand ... I too love ...
    very interesting article ......

    ReplyDelete

Trying captchas this time - better or worse than having to log in to comment? Let me know! Sorry for all the hoops but the spam has been terrible lately!