Thursday, August 11, 2011

Pesto quinoa

I've made this (not terribly photogenic) quinoa three times in the last month. Does that tell you enough about it? I need to make it again soon, because we ate it too fast for me to get a chance to nestle a poached egg in a bowl of it, and I'm pretty sure that would be transcendent.


more quinoa

{pesto quinoa}

The recipe is from here, but I adapted it a little bit by going heavy on the vegetable components. I cut the quinoa down (used 1.5 cups raw instead of 2), used an entire package of pesto from Trader Joe's (I'm sure homemade pesto would make it even better, but this was easier), a 12 oz bag of fresh spinach for the sauteed greens, mixed in a whole bag of TJ's sundried julienned tomatoes, and added kernels from a couple fresh ears of corn, briefly sauteed in the skillet after the shallots go in. I left out the tofu and the pumpkin seeds, because I didn't have those things.

Highly recommend, in whatever form you choose to try it.

16 comments:

  1. I love recipes like that (just do this and add a little of this!)...I can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks so good! i've been trying to eat more quinoa and i love pesto, so this should do the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds so good! And I agree about the poached egg...that could easily be a new favorite meal. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my go-to recipes too. It never fails.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yours look soooo good. Please send me a vat of it. Thanks. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love making quinoa salads. Such a great lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds delicious! i've been making quinoa every week to mix with whatever's in my kitchen and take for lunch (and it's been getting a bit boring...) - i think this would be perfect to try for next week's lunches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks delicious! Going on my "to make this week" list now... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So tasty! I definitely have to try this, I love making quinoa and am always looking for ways to change it up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks fantastic. I am addicted to quinoa, and I love all the veggies in this.

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness! So nutritious and colorful. I can't wait to give this a shot. Thanks for sharing :)

    www.becauseimtwentysomething.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I made this last week as well--delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. great recipe! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks wonderful!! I love how you ramped up the veggies. I'll be sure to try it soon <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh me, oh my! This looks delish! And it's vegan which makes me a happy, happy hungry girl.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks amazing! I am always looking for new whole grain recipes and I just love quinoa.

    www.delicious-knowledge.com

    ReplyDelete

Trying captchas this time - better or worse than having to log in to comment? Let me know! Sorry for all the hoops but the spam has been terrible lately!