Thursday, December 4, 2008

List love

Lists are my thing. I like to make lists of things I've already done, just so I can cross them off and feel giddy.

So when Sarah of Small Object (one of my all time favorite sources for crafty inspiration - she is so generous and always shares tutorials and great ideas) posted about a way to make your own notepads, I was instantly hooked. I ordered the padding compound immediately and then put it to use.

DSC_1028

This stuff is awesome. I ordered mine from Amazon, because I am lazy and hate having to type my credit card information into random web sites. It came a day after I ordered it.

Now I have meal planning lists, things to do and places to go lists, and I spend lots of time making lists of other lists I can make. Yes, I'm obsessed. People will definitely be getting notepads in their stockings this year.

DSC_1030

Here is another view so you can see the top and the backing. I used a bit of cardboard from one of our Anchor Steam six pack holders. We always save those because they come in handy all the time.

15 comments:

  1. what a clever concept! far too often, premade lists have way too many things that don't apply to me, so this is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are SO SO cool----I can just see giving these as gifts in a little 'organization kit' that also includes some cool pens (check out this project: http://casasugar.com/2501764) and some fab hand printed notecards off etsy. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the best.... lists are also the bane of my existence. I am hooked on "BOB'S YOUR UNCLE" a book titled, "8 days a week" - where I list everything and then I have it in one book from which I can refer back to. Comes in a fun spiral book and the 8th day is titled "someday..." I could use an 8th day in a week.

    Wishing I was on your stocking stuffer list, those lists are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never knew you could buy padding compound! What a great idea. I just love it when you can personalize things, and with this it comes out looking so professionally done. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness. I love her blog too and have looked at that padding compound on Amazon so many times... I even typed up a bunch of different notepad pages, but I have yet to act on it all. Yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel these are so... neat! They would make great little hostess gifts, just because gifts, stocking stuffers etc... I LIKE IT!
    I am so a list person- My mom comes home on Saturday and I already have 3 different "to do" list for her mark 1, 2, 3!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow, making to-do lists is definitely my thing. i've got them posted up on my walls, post-its in my purse, and even on the bathroom walls (no, i'm not even kidding!) this post definitely made me smile, such a cute and creative idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are awesome! i love making lists as well :0)

    i feel very productive crossing things off.... sometimes i write things i've allready done just to cross them off or put a lil check next to it! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love lists too. I will have to check these out! Great stocking stuffer idea to for my list loving friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yay! I was hooked by that very same post over there- but never even ordered the compound. it's on a list of things to buy, of course, for I am a list-maker too.

    i'm so glad that you did it and that it turned out so great! maybe now i won't procrastinate on buying the compound anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a brilliant idea. Your turned out beautifully-love the Anchor Steam backing:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooooh. Be still my little OCD heart.

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for sharing.....i can see myself becoming addicted....

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this project - my meal plan/ calendar consists of post-it notes stuck on the kitchen wall.

    I think I will make a mini-book for Valentines.

    Charlotte xx

    ReplyDelete

Trying captchas this time - better or worse than having to log in to comment? Let me know! Sorry for all the hoops but the spam has been terrible lately!