Thursday, July 7, 2016

Monthly meal planning - June wrap up

June was a little hit or miss because of guests and traveling, but I made it through. I skipped a couple meals and then moved a few things around to make it work.

June monthly meal planning wrap up

New recipes this month - 

Broccoli rabe with spicy Italian sausage and zucchini noodles - Ugh. I really, really didn't like this. I like broccoli rabe, but this just didn't come together for me. We ate it, but I ended up tossing out the last serving because I just didn't want to eat it as leftovers again.

Chicken tikka masala + saag - New to me recipe recommended by a reader. This recipe is a bit more work than the slow cooker version that I've used in the past but it is 100% worth it. The flavor is so good. I made this while my sister, brother-in-law and niece were here and everyone loved it. I'll probably keep both versions in my repertoire, since you do have to devote a fair amount of time to this one so it's best suited for weekends. Note - you can prep the sauce ahead of time, which would make it doable for a weeknight meal.

2 comments:

  1. Do you have a file you'd be willing to share for the above weekly planning template? I'm a total luddite and avoid excel whenever possible. Re: chicken tikka masala, I've found that it's always improved by a generous pinch of fenugreek - adds a smoky, nutty sweetness that's otherwise hard to replicate in homemade versions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, I can get that made into a PDF and post it soon! It's not very exciting, though, literally just rectangles with the days of the week up top! But I do prefer it to just scribbling it out by hand every time. :)

      Delete

Trying captchas this time - better or worse than having to log in to comment? Let me know! Sorry for all the hoops but the spam has been terrible lately!