Friday, December 11, 2009

Friday flowers (cheater edition)

There are no flowers in my house this week. There is also no real food and no clean clothes. It's that kind of week. We're caught up in the holiday bustle and we're living off gingerbread cookies and milk and we have no complaints.

DSC_1154
{girls' christmas party, last year}

My annual high school girls' Christmas party is tomorrow and I'm so excited. We made these flower pomanders together last year. It is our 11th year of being supremely dorky together - girls, I love you.

D's birthday is on Sunday, which is a rather lovely day to have a birthday. He's already put in a request for savory bread pudding for brunch, and I'm happy to comply.

It's going to be busy but fun. Bring it, weekend.

14 comments:

  1. sounds so fun! Enjoy your girl time and relax a little from the holiday bustle! Happy Bithday D!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your weekend sounds like it will be wonderful. Aren't parties with old friends the best? I always have one after Thanksgiving, and I look forward to it all year. Have fun at yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my!!! how did i miss that before. that is so my christmas brunch now. with the winter fruit (a citrus salad?) delish.

    enjoy your party and i hope d has the most fab of birthdays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can't wait to see what you girls create this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh i do love a little quality time with the girls... there is really nothing that can replace it.

    enjoy the birthday celebration, savory bread pudding sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lucky on the sunday birthday... my husband's was yesterday and it made me so sad to have to work all day and leave him alone in the house to study (he's a masters student). sunday birthdays are the best!
    have a good weekend!
    xo meg

    ReplyDelete
  8. My birthday is Sunday too! Happy Birthday to D from a fellow Sunday Sag :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. having the same kind of week here...have fun at your party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ditto on the home situation - empty drawers, empty cabinets.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun that you girls all get together. Have so much fun! And happy early birthday to D!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww, happy birthday to D!

    My high school girlfriends and I still try to get together as much as possible. It's getting more difficult, since so many of us have moved away from Austin, but we always have a rowdy good time when we do get to hang out! I hope y'all have a blast tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you're having a great weekend Rachel!

    ReplyDelete

Trying captchas this time - better or worse than having to log in to comment? Let me know! Sorry for all the hoops but the spam has been terrible lately!