Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Cauliflower with mustard lemon butter sauce

The surprise Thanksgiving hit this year ...

cauliflower with mustard lemon sauce
{cauliflower with mustard lemon sauce}

The original recipe is here. I had to modify it a bit to make it work for the big day. I am not a fan of juggling trays of roasted veggies while guests are in the kitchen.

I followed the recipe as written until the step where you add the sauce. At that point, I simply tossed the roasted cauliflower with the sauce, piled it in a dish and set it aside. Later, I popped it in the oven at 375 for about 30 minutes to finish it off.

It would probably be even more delicious if you made it the way they recommend, but my method worked well for a non-fussy large batch recipe. I think you could cut the butter substantially to make it a bit more appropriate for every day eating. I'll probably be experimenting, because even D appreciated it and he has previously confessed to a slight uneasiness about cauliflower (albino broccoli, as he refers to it).

14 comments:

  1. I adore Cauliflower! I shall send you a wonderful soup recipe!
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm not usually a huge fan of cauliflower, but with enough sauce/butter, i'm all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lemon juice and mustard is a great sauce for vegetables, i use it a lot, but with olive oil instead of butter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love cauliflower- I usually roast it- and this sounds really good. We'll certainly be trying it here. I love the little pooch in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another trick I do is: line a pan with aluminum foil, put in cauliflower, a little bit of olive oil, grated garlic and shredded parmesan (just enough to lightly flavor). Mix it all up and bake until roasted. Plus, SIMPLE clean up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the taste of cauliflower. But am I alone in finding it a bit...farty? I have to ask.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love cauliflower! I can't wait to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds delicious! I never was a big fan of cauliflower, I would mostly only eat it with tons of ranch as a kid, but as an adult I discovered that cauliflower tastes amazingly good roasted! I usually just coat mine in a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper, sprinkle a bit of bread crumbs over the top and pop in the oven. it comes out so yummy and my boy loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks delicious! I love cauliflower, I'm going to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will make anything that has a mustard sauce

    ReplyDelete

Trying captchas this time - better or worse than having to log in to comment? Let me know! Sorry for all the hoops but the spam has been terrible lately!