Monday, March 23, 2015

Joy

Thank you all so much for your comments and emails after my last post - they mean so much to me. I'm nowhere near caught up and I'm still feeling a bit confused and lost and I'm accepting that the feeling probably won't go away for a while.

But right now I'm up north and mildly sleep deprived for the happiest reason - my sister had her baby last week! We're overwhelmed with joy and I'm getting as much time with my little niece as I can before I have to head back home. I know our dad was beyond excited to meet his first grandchild and it feels a little bittersweet as we cuddle her on his old couch, telling her about him. But mostly just sweet, because we know how happy this would have made him. As distractions go, you can't do much better than a baby. I have a few photos on the camera but god knows how long it'll take me to get them off the camera, so I've been relying heavily on my phone. Here are a few tiny snippets.

Untitled
{baby feet!}

Untitled
{birthday celebration}

Untitled
{because hospital meals suck}

Untitled
{flowers and citrus}

Untitled
{big sister}

11 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! It's so special to be an aunt - enjoy every minute of it. You sound like a wonderful sister...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy indeed! What a blessing. Revel in all the babyness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh so sweet. I love you (even though I don't actually know you).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how wonderful! Being an aunt is the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being an aunty is amazing. You will be the best aunt ever, I have no doubt of that! Congratulations to you, your sister and your incredible family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you had a birthday party for 0.

    ReplyDelete
  7. GO AUNT RACHEL GO! so much love to your family; congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay. Congrats! Soak it all in!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just have to point out... This is where Beauty's bagels really come from:
    http://beautys.ca/
    Since 1942. Yuh-huh!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Trying captchas this time - better or worse than having to log in to comment? Let me know! Sorry for all the hoops but the spam has been terrible lately!