Monday, November 22, 2010

The weekend, briefly

I felt like I barely sat down this weekend, and I certainly have fewer pictures than usual. I didn't even make it to the grocery store for my pre-Thanksgiving shopping, but I did manage to grab a couple giant bags of fresh cranberries while I was out on another errand. That kind of counts.

A simple breakfast.*

sunday breakfast
{sunday breakfast}

A bit of pre holiday sprucing up.

tape
{tape}

Playing around with more holiday ideas, metallic paint pens.

outlining
{outlining}

* We get tons of dark leafy greens in our CSA box (spinach, kale, chard) and I'll frequently give them a quick blanch and then saute them with some shallots and garlic. We eat them with dinner but the leftovers get popped in the fridge. For breakfast, I saute some sliced potatoes, toss the greens in the pan to warm up and then scramble some eggs right in. Perfection.

13 comments:

  1. we just had scrambled eggs with spinach yesterday! i love your silvery leaves. happy monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are good about incorporating leftovers into breakfasts - I'm more about reheating leftovers and eating them as-is for breakfast, but I think it would be so much more refreshing to have a whole new meal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your egg dish, if I could call it that, sounds absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looking forward to seeing what happens with the leaves! i'm attempting our holiday card tonight, i think - wish me luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your simple breakfast looks delicious! What a great (and nutritious) way to use up leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks delicious! I wish I had the energy and the patience to make breakfasts like this on lazy weekend mornings. (I'm sure my boyfriend wishes so too, HA!)
    Bisous,
    Rachel
    lovealamode.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. your leaf drawings are so pretty! what can't you do?

    ReplyDelete
  8. that breakfast looks amazing- i'm inspired to have a more healthy breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds like a great breakfast idea... i'm always looking for new ways to use up potatoes & kale!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmm tasty weekend! Have a great week too!

    ReplyDelete

Trying captchas this time - better or worse than having to log in to comment? Let me know! Sorry for all the hoops but the spam has been terrible lately!