Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Camping in my apartment

So today is the first entirely free day I have had in almost two months. Seriously. Between family obligations and work, I've barely been in our apartment. I swore I would lie in bed until noon and then just sit around drinking tea all day, but naturally I am out of bed and itching to start re-organizing the apartment. It's a disease, I tell you.

I'm also tempted to run down to the stores and see if the deals are really as good as people say they are. Are they? Do any of you know? Is it worth a peek?

Meanwhile, I'm sipping tea and contemplating cleaning and making spaces for new things. Isn't this little candle holder darling? It was part of my Christmas loot from D. He actually got me a set of three different designs and they just make me smile every time I look at them. They are designed by David Weeks for Kikkerland.


See, if I reorganized the apartment, I would probably find the perfect place to put them.

9 comments:

  1. You know what I did on Christmas? [post gifts and pre-family] Rearrange the house.

    It was awesome.

    Also, I thought you might like to know my favorite book purchase as an architecture student: [http://tinyurl.com/7urgnp]

    And finally, I was so inspired by you that we had a gingerbread house making party. It was also awesome, and a little insane cause I do not bake...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel- I like the candleholder! I like white and it looks like little rocks and sticks. I'm sure you will find a perfect spot for them!
    Enjoy your rest. We are headed outdoors to enjoy the fresh air.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the candle holder! I happen to like that you're always looking for something to do-it inspires me to get my lazy butt in gear :) I'll be heading out to the stores tomorrow, hopefully there are some good deals still left. I heard the J. Crew sale is worth a visit...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So charming. Perfect for indoor marshmallow roasts ;)

    I've been at my parents these past two weeks, and all I can think about is the what a mess we left back home. I can't WAIT to get back there and get my hands on it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The candle holders are so cute and mod!

    Yes, the deals are awesome. I was at a Florida outlet mall: Banana Republic and Ann Taylor both had storewide discounts (50% and 30%, respectively), on top of the previous markdowns. I made out like a bandit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful gift! I may just have to gift myself one...I hope you got some relaxation in my dear...xo t

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so cute! I love the idea of rearranging the apartment, I was thinking about doing the same thing tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is beautiful, R! I want to have it in my house and roast mallows over it.

    ReplyDelete

Trying captchas this time - better or worse than having to log in to comment? Let me know! Sorry for all the hoops but the spam has been terrible lately!